Welcome to mixxt!

NFL wild-card weekend 2015: Rolando McClain's comeback year enters playoffs

link this post written on 01/03/2018
  • To top

CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) -- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney did a double take the first day of the offseason, early morning workouts last month when he saw starting defensive linemen Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant grinding away with teammates.

Many,Authentic Harrison Smith Jersey, including Swinney, expected the trio of all-Atlantic Coast Conference linemen to be training for the NFL combine after giving up college for the pros. Instead,Womens Sam Bradford Jersey, the three all came back to the Tigers and led the way Wednesday as Clemson opened spring workouts.

''They're back with a purpose,Authentic Brandin Cooks Jersey,'' Swinney said.

And perhaps a chip on their shoulders.

All three were projected by many NFL mock draft boards to be first-round material,Authentic Drew Brees Jersey, Wilkins and Ferrell even popping up in several top 10s as can't miss players at the next level. Instead, none of them got first-round grades, Swinney said, meaning they could see their stellar futures muddled by middle-round selections.

The 6-foot-4, 300-pound Wilkins and 6-5,Authentic Stefon Diggs Jersey, 260-pound Ferrell were first-team all-ACC picks this season. Bryant, at 6-5, 265, was named to the second team. Add in Clemson's other starter in massive and nimble (340 pounds) tackle Dexter Lawrence and the Tigers have a chance to see all of them go in the early rounds of the 2019 NFL draft .

Indeed, one internet projector has the quartet all going among the first 24 picks two drafts from now.

Clemson was tied with Southern Cal for most sacks last season at 46.

Ferrell led the team with 9 1/2 sacks with Bryant right behind at 8 1/2. Wilkins had 4 1/2 sacks. Bryant topped the Tigers with 15 1/2 of the team's tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

''I prayed on it and I'm happy with my decision,Womens Harrison Smith Jersey,'' Ferrell said. ''I weighed it back and forth and I'm excited to get going.''

Bryant was not bitter when his NFL grade came back outside the first round. He said he views it as an opportunity to max out his physical potential. ''I thought if I came back and put the work in I could help myself,Authentic Sam Bradford Jersey,'' he said. ''I can leave a legacy in a place like this.''

The three took their time in choosing with Bryant and Ferrell announcing at the team's final banquet the Saturday before the Monday deadline for entering the NFL draft. Wilkins,Womens Stefon Diggs Jersey, who has graduated,Womens Brandin Cooks Jersey, took things down the final hours before deciding for a final year with the Tigers - and giving Clemson opponents another season of figuring out to stop perhaps the fiercest front line in college football.

''They all know they've got the chance to do something special,Womens Drew Brees Jersey,'' Swinney said.

Anything this season would simply add to their successful resume. They've all been part of three straight ACC titles and CFP playoff appearances. Of course, all were key to Clemson's dramatic, 35-31 victory over No. 1 Alabama to win the 2016 national championship.

The Tigers hoped to make it two straight national crowns this year, but fell 24-6 to this year's national champ Alabama at the Sugar Bowl in the CFP semis.

Wilkins believes that loss will serve as motivation to take things further this season, much the way Clemson's 2015 title game loss to Alabama infused the Tigers' drive to the title the next year.

Bryant was most surprised when Wilkins returned. ''I thought if anybody left, he'd be the one to leave,'' Bryant said. ''But he didn't think it was right. He thought he could improve himself as well. I know he can do because we've got a big ceiling.''

One that could land all four of Clemson's defensive line starters at the top of NFL draft boards come 2019.

Ferrell hears from former teammates like safety Van Smith and receiver Deon Cain who gave up their eligibility for the NFL draft who tease him about having to go through offseason training and spring drills once more.

''I'm happy for them,'' Ferrell said. ''They made the best decision for them. I made the best decision for me.''

link this post written on 02/03/2018
  • To top

The time for the Minnesota Vikings to commit anew to a starting quarterback has almost arrived.

They're still in evaluation mode, according to general manager Rick Spielman.

Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford each on track to become an unrestricted free agent in two weeks,With Case Keenum, the Vikings have yet to make any final decisions about any of them. That's what Spielman said at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis on Wednesday.

and I know there have been a thousand reports out there,Authentic Julio Jones Jersey,''There have been no decisions made,Authentic Devonta Freeman Jersey,'' Spielman said. ''We're going to move forward and continue to evolve this process through the meetings this week with the agents.''

which would be well more than $20 million this year. That's also a lot of money for a player who was a career backup until Bradford's knee injury after the season opener paved the way for his breakout performance.,Authentic Jim Kelly Jersey, by the NFL Network this week citing unidentified sources,Authentic LeSean McCoy Jersey,The most notable report,Authentic Christian McCaffrey Jersey, was that the Vikings don't plan to use the franchise tag on Keenum. That's a way they could essentially kick the quarterback-decision can down the road by keeping him for 2018 at a rate in the top tier of current league-wide salaries at the position

Spielman dismissed that report, praising Keenum in general terms after the run to the NFC championship game at eventual champion Philadelphia. He said the Vikings have discussed how Keenum could fit in new offensive coordinator John DeFilippo's preferred scheme but otherwise declined to divulge any specific assessment.

''Case Keenum led our football team and did a phenomenal job and has a knack for making plays,'' Spielman said. ''He made a lot of big plays for us because of not only his smarts and leadership but his mobility as well.''

is the likely the team's least-desirable option. Bridgewater carries the same health risk, given the long-term uncertainty about the stability of his knee, having not started a meaningful game since the wild card round in the playoffs on Jan. 10, 2016,Bradford, which would give the team the most flexibility under the salary cap to sign other stars to pricey contract extensions and upgrade other positions of need., because of the knee injury that kept him off the field until a brief appearance late last season. He's younger and cheaper than both Keenum and Bradford, though

but he said Wednesday that he expects Bridgewater to become a free agent like the others., per the minimum stay,There's a murky provision in the collective bargaining agreement that allows a player's contract to be tolled to the next season if he's physically unable to perform as of the sixth regular season game. Bridgewater was on the PUP list then,Womens Julio Jones Jersey, but he has said he was fit to play prior to then. Spielman has said the matter would be up to the NFL

that his contract will toll,Womens Devonta Freeman Jersey, with what I know today,Womens Jim Kelly Jersey,'' Spielman said,Womens LeSean McCoy Jersey,''I don't personally believe, we are always going to look out for the best interest of our players.'', adding: ''One thing I would say is that Teddy has been such a great teammate and is a great person and has been great for our organization. Any time our organization can reach out and help a player, even though it may not benefit us

durability and resume is the most desirable., where former Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins will be beginning March 14. He'd be more expensive than any of the other three,That of course leaves the open market, but the package of his age

so I'm looking forward to that opportunity,Womens Christian McCaffrey Jersey,''I haven't had the chance to pick where I'm going to play since 2007 when I chose to go to Michigan State,'' Cousins said during Super Bowl week on an appearance on SiriusXM satellite radio. ''I think it's a pretty short checklist. At the end of the day: I want to win.''

• To top

Linebacker Ryan Shazier will not play for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2018.

he knows that,Authentic John Ross Jersey,"We know that," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said Wednesday at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Recovering from surgery that followed a spinal injury he sustained in a December game,Authentic A.J. Green Jersey, Shazier continues to progress and attack rehabilitation. Shazier said recently on teammate Roosevelt Nix's podcast the possibility of returning to the football field is driving him each day.

" said Shazier,"I've got to get back, who remains mum on the details of the injury. "Right now I'm reading a book and it's basically saying trust the process. I'm really trusting the process. I know the end goal."

--Quarterback Kirk Cousins' path to free agency is getting clearer.

Washington Redskins senior vice president of player personnel Doug Williams called Cousins "a free agent for sure,Womens DeShone Kizer Jersey," though he wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of the team using the franchise tag on him a third time. That said,Speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine, Williams quickly downplayed such.

"It's not too late,Authentic Barry Sanders Jersey," the former quarterback said. "But we haven't really talked about that. The media had come up with those scenarios more than what we've talked about it because I can't remember one meeting where we talked about the possibility of tagging him."

--Andrew Luck is not yet throwing a football, but Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich said the quarterback will be with the team April 2 for the start of the offseason program.

who followed Reich to the podium at the NFL Scouting Combine at the Indianapolis Convention Center,Reich said Luck is "checking a lot of boxes" in his rehab but is unsure when the QB will throw again. General manager Chris Ballard, said it will "absolutely" help the team and Luck to have him back in the building.

it's what he misses,"I think it's what he wants," Ballard said. "It's one of the special things about this kid. He likes to be considered one of the teammates. The only other (star) player I've ever been around like that is (Brian) Urlacher. He just wants to be one of the guys."

--Ballard informed running back Frank Gore that the Colts plan to get younger at the position.

"I want to give Frank a chance to go see what's out there," Ballard said. "He likes it when you're honest with him."

Gore has 14,026 rushing yards in his career. He turns 35 in May and said at the end of the 2017 season he "definitely" plans to play in 2018.

--Defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson was informed that he will be released by the New York Jets.

With the move and running back Matt Forte's retirement announcement, the Jets are projected to enter free agency with $94.75 million to invest under the 2018 salary cap.

28, finished with 381 rushing yards and 293 receiving yards in an injury-hampered 2017 season., was due more than $19 million in 2018, and releasing him reduces the hit on the salary cap to $6 million,Wilkerson, creating at least $12.5 million in cap space. Forte, 32

--The Bears will release quarterback Mike Glennon when the new league year starts March 14, the team announced.

Glennon was just one season into a three-year, $45 million contract signed last offseason after the team let Jay Cutler go. Glennon lost his starting job to rookie Mitchell Trubisky during the season.

things don't work out.", I have no regrets in us being aggressive in attacking that position; it's that important," Bears general manager Ryan Pace said. "We all felt confident in Mike,"With the quarterback position, and sometimes in our business

--The Carolina Panthers released running back Jonathan Stewart, the franchise's all-time leading rusher.

30, also a franchise record. Stewart ran for 680 yards on a career-low 3.4 yards per attempt in the 2017 season., with the 13th pick of the first round of 2008 NFL Draft. He has 7,The Panthers selected Stewart,318 career rushing yards on 1,699 carries

" Panthers coach Ron Rivera said in a statement from the team. "He is a great pro,"Jonathan played the game the way you want. He brought an element of toughness as a runner that set the tempo for our team, and I appreciate who he is as a young man and thank him for the contribution he made."

--Tyrann Mathieu keeps his head on a swivel, even in the offseason.

Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Wednesday at the NFL Scouting Combine that no decision has been made on whether the team would retain Mathieu, a safety and linebacker hybrid in Arizona.

If Mathieu remains on the Cardinals' roster on March 14, Authentic DeShone Kizer Jersey,he receives $19 million guaranteed. That includes $8 million in guaranteed base salary for 2018 and a $5 million roster bonus due March 16.

--General manager Dave Gettleman and new head coach Pat Shurmur doused any doubt the New York Giants are sticking with Eli Manning at quarterback in 2018.

"We believe that Eli Manning has got years left as a starting quarterback in this league,Womens John Ross Jersey," Shurmur said Wednesday morning at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Gettleman said the Giants will listen to offers for the No. 2 pick but provided the context that the team should get a "Hall of Fame" talent with the second selection in the draft.

--Limbo is the status quo for the Minnesota Vikings and their three quarterbacks.

Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Teddy Bridgewater all are expected to be unrestricted free agents on March 14. Bridgewater's contract status will be determined by the NFL because he sat out the entire 2016 season and most of the 2017 season recovering from a knee injury.

there have been no decisions made," general manager Rick Spielman said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "We will continue to evolve this process. I'll go through the meetings this week with the agents,Womens Jim Brown Jersey,"Just to be clear, Womens A.J. Green Jersey,when we get back we'll circle back around and finalize a game plan as we go forward."

--Jadeveon Clowney took the proverbial next step in 2017,Womens Barry Sanders Jersey,and the Texans intend to make sure his next performance happens in Houston.

in his first season with the franchise having replaced Rick Smith in January,Authentic Jim Brown Jersey,  which is the fifth-year option value for the 2014 No. 1 overall pick., said at the NFL Scouting Combine the Texans are setting Clowney's contract as a high priority. Clowney will make $13,General manager Brian Gaine,846,000 next season

" Gaine said,"That's something that we're currently evaluating right now, "the feasibility of that."

--Before free agency starts in two weeks, the Cleveland Browns expect to know whether Joe Thomas will return at left tackle.

Coming off of a season-ending triceps injury, Thomas has dropped significant weight and launched a popular podcast. But Browns head coach Hue Jackson believes there is more football left for Thomas.

"I've talked to Joe Thomas several times and I think Joe is going to make a decision, hopefully, again, it's on his time, fairly soon here. But," Jackson said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "Joe has been a tremendous Cleveland Brown and has done anything and everything we've asked of him. So, I think it's only right that we give him the opportunity to work through this and make the best decision for him."

--Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson is planning to approach the offseason the same way he tackled the 2017 season: In attack mode.

The Eagles are facing key personnel decisions coming off of the franchise's first Super Bowl victory, not the least of which concerns the pecking order at quarterback.

Pederson said backup Nick Foles, understands he's "taking a back seat" to Carson Wentz on the depth chart. But when the line of questioning later deepened as to whether the Eagles could trade Foles, Super Bowl MVP and the author of a nearly flawless postseason in three games, Pederson said, "We'll see how this thing unfolds."

who returned as head coach of the Oakland Raiders on a $100 million contract in January,--Jon Gruden, failed to contain his excitement over the offensive players he inherited when speaking to the media at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Quarterback Derek Carr, in a mild surprise, wide receiver Amari Cooper and, running back Marshawn Lynch are viewed as the core players of Gruden's West Coast-based offense.

Cooper, "will be the focal point of our pass offense. He will be the headliner of our offense, who played through injuries in December," Gruden said.

--The NFL reached a multiyear agreement with Pizza Hut to become the league's official pizza sponsor, one day after Papa John's and the NFL mutually agreed to part ways in their sponsorship agreement.

The league's deal with Pizza Hut is for four years and is worth more than the Papa John's deal, which is owned by Yum Brands, a source familiar with the agreement told CNN. The agreement gives Pizza Hut, an array of exclusive marketing rights.

The agreement with Pizza Hut runs through the 2021 season. The Papa John's deal was contracted to run through the 2020 season before it ended early.

• To top

Manitoba -- The Winnipeg Jets have played four playoff games in their second incarnation in the NHL but their all-out battle against the Nashville Predators on Tuesday just may have been the next-best thing in learning how to prepare for a lengthy postseason run.,WINNIPEG

Armed with trade deadline acquisitions center Paul Stastny and defenseman Joe Morrow, the Jets played a spirited, emotional and physical game against the Central Division leaders, ultimately losing 6-5 despite having a pair of two-goal leads.

On the positive side, in an unfriendly barn no less., sometimes you have to lose in order to learn how to win. And the Predators provided a perfect example of never-say-die hockey

" veteran forward Matt Hendricks told The Winnipeg Free Press. "They feel like they can score with anybody in the league and that's kind of how it happened (Tuesday) night.,authentic Taylor Hall jersey,"There's no quit in them

trying to control the puck in their zone instead of allowing them to skate through the neutral zone with speed and create in our end. Those shifts after goals are huge in not letting them gain any momentum.",adidas Travis Hamonic jersey,"It's understanding those moments in the game

twice the Jets scored and twice the Predators had replied before the PA announcer finished broadcasting the Jets goals.,adidas John Tavares jersey,Indeed

a team that probably needs a 10-game winning streak to get back in the playoff conversation.,adidas Ryan McDonagh jersey,The question is whether the Jets can keep up the intensity against the Detroit Red Wings on Friday night

Detroit, which comes to town having won two of its past six games (2-3-1), seven points back of the Columbus Blue Jackets, is currently in fifth place in the Atlantic division with 62 points, who hold down the second wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference. There are three other teams ahead of Detroit trying to catch the Blue Jackets.

Things aren't going to get any easier as they play eighth of their next nine games on the road.

They are, however, preparing to welcome back defenseman Mike Green,adida Taylor Hall jersey, who has missed the last seven games with an injury and who was widely expected to be traded prior to Monday's deadline because he's a pending unrestricted free agent.

a team that had lost its previous seven games and indicated its lack of postseason aspirations by trading Stastny to Winnipeg.,authentic Cory Schneider jersey,The Red Wings lost 2-1 on Wednesday night to the St. Louis Blues

however,authentic Travis Hamonic jersey,Hope is not lost,authentic John Tavares jersey, in Detroit. Center Dylan Larkin told The Detroit Free Press he "loved" how his teammates competed against the Blues.

I think we are going to be where we want to be at the end of the year,authentic Ryan McDonagh jersey,"If we play like that consistently for the rest of the season," Larkin said.

The Jets will be without defenseman Toby Enstrom, adidas Cory Schneider jersey,who left practice Wednesday after blocking a shot. Goalie Steve Mason is getting closer to returning from a concussion and will suit up on the farm for the Manitoba Moose on the weekend.

• To top

Derrius Guice channeled Peyton Manning on Thursday, warning NFL teams they would want to draft him.

The running back was asked by reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis why teams should draft him.

I'm gonna give your defense hell,"If you don't draft me,Womens Michael Thomas Jersey," Guice replied.

It was similar to the response Manning gave in 1998 when he advised the Colts to draft him number one overall.

I promise I'll come back and kick your arse,Womens Lawrence Taylor Jersey,"If you don’t,Womens Landon Collins Jersey," Manning famously said 20 years ago.

Nick Chubb,Authentic Odell Beckham Jr Jersey, Ronald Jones, Sony Michel,Guice is one of several elite running backs in this year's NFL Draft class. Saquon Barkley, Kerryon Johnson, Kalen Ballage and Rashaad Penny are just some of the backs who comprise a deep class.

Guice shared the backfield at LSU with Leonard Fournette before the latter was selected fourth overall last year by the Jaguars.

Guice ran for 1,387 yards and 15 touchdowns. He followed that up with a 1,251-yard effort with 11 scores last season. Guice has a powerful lower body and likes to be a physical runner. He even likened himself to former Seahawks and current Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch,While filling in for an injured Fournette in 2016,Authentic Michael Thomas Jersey, saying he runs like "Beast Mode".

I really think about him every time. When I go back and watch him,Womens Odell Beckham Jr Jersey," Guice said of Lynch. "When I run,Authentic Landon Collins Jersey, I'm like man,Authentic Lawrence Taylor Jersey,"I see angriness. I someone that refuses to go down, I really run like this dude. It's crazy because growing up, my favourite running back was Reggie Bush.

"As I got older and started studying running backs, 'Beast Mode' reminds me a lot of myself."

"I just don't like going down on first contact," Guice added. "A lot of guys go down to protect themselves.

in my opinion,"As a runner between the tackles, there is no one better than me – point blank. I run hard. I'm very powerful. I get a lot of hidden yardage."

link this post written on 05/03/2018
  • To top

, N.Y. -- With a three-game losing streak and a disappointing loss in Saturday's outdoor game against the Washington Capitals

game against the lowly Buffalo Sabres is coming at the right time for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Maple Leafs (39-21-7) will visit their border rivals on Monday night.

Toronto received a wake-up call in the loss to the Capitals, where Washington scored shortly after each of Toronto's goals. The Maple
Leafs eventually fell 5-2. Before that, Toronto had an overtime loss to the Florida Panthers and a shootout loss to the Tampa Bay

" Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said,"(The Capitals) look at us and they still think we're kids,authentic Carey Price jersey, according to the team's website. "And it
looked like we were kids out there. I thought they smacked us around and forechecked us. I didn't think we executed at all."

The Maple Leafs are still in a fine position overall,adidas Max Pacioretty jersey, having won 13 of their previous 15 games before the three-game losing streak
developed. They acquired longtime Montreal Canadiens veteran Tomas Plekanec before the trade deadline and are aiming to make a playoff run
this postseason once they right the ship.

Toronto will once again be without top playmaker Auston Matthews because of a shoulder injury, but Matthews is reportedly making progress
and nearing a return.

36 assists). William Nylander has 49 points (14 goals,authentic Mike Fisher jersey,Mitchell Marner leads the Maple Leafs in points with 53 points (17 goals,authentic P.K Subban jersey, 35
.920 save percentage) and Curtis McElhinney (13 games played,adidas Andrew Shaw jersey, assists) this season. Both Frederik Anderson (55 games played, .931 save
percentage) have been solid all season for the Leafs between the pipes.

The Sabres (20-34-11) are coming off a lackluster 4-1 loss to the Panthers on Friday night, which came after back-to-back wins over two of
the better teams in the league in the Boston Bruins and Lightning. Buffalo has shown some signs of life throughout the second half of the
even without top playmaker Jack Eichel,season,adidas Carey Price jersey,but has repeatedly reverted to its previous form.

It's actually the first meeting of the year for the rivals,authentic Andrew Shaw jersey,which adds some anticipation for both sides.

according to the team's website. "In the past,adidas Mike Fisher jersey," Sabres forward Jason Pominville said,adidas P.K Subban jersey,"It's weird the way the schedule is built, it feels
like we have always played them late a little bit but to have not played them at this point home or away is definitely different and
something we're not used to.

"For me,authentic Max Pacioretty jersey,  it's been a while so I'm interested to see if it's still the same way where their fans manage to get tickets in here and be
pretty loud. It should be a pretty good atmosphere."

Backup Chad Johnson will return in net for the Sabres after a disappointing outing by Robin Lehner against the Panthers during the
weekend. Johnson has a save percentage of .896 in 25 games this year but has played well in net for the Sabres lately.

link this post written on 05/03/2018
  • To top

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — All that's left of the 2018 NFL scouting combine is for the deepest class of defensive backs ever to attend the
annual assembly of college prospects to wrap up their testing and timing Monday at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Then, they'll join the other hopefuls in returning home to prepare for their pro days, Texas, team visits and the NFL draft in Arlington,
next month.

Here's a look at some of the highlights and lowlights of this year's combine:

BARKLEY BLOWS IT UP : Penn State running back Saquon Barkley exceeded lofty expectations in Indianapolis. His 29 reps on the bench press
bested Luke Kuechly's 27. His 4.4 time in the 40-yard dash was better than Ezekiel Elliott's 4.47 and his 41-inch vertical jump was higher
than Odell Beckham Jr.'s 38?.

"Oh no, I'm not surprised," said Nittany Lions linebacker Jason Cabinda,Authentic Allen Robinson Jersey, saying he's seen that kind of dogged determination every day out
of Barkley,Authentic Joey Bosa Jersey, who could go anywhere in the top five picks depending on the run on quarterbacks.

"I'm competitive," Barkley said,Authentic Dan Fouts Jersey, 5 or 72 or the last pick,Authentic Melvin Ingram Jersey, "but I don't care if I'm drafted 1, I'm going to come in with my head low ready
to work."

GREAT GRIFFIN : Shaquem Griffin did 20 reps on the bench press with a prosthetic left hand in what was by far the best feel-good story of
the combine.

"My goal was six,Womens Dalvin Cook Jersey," acknowledged Griffin, Shaquille, who almost doubled his previous high of 11 reps and surpassed the 17 his twin brother,
managed at last year's combine before the Seattle Seahawks selected the speedy cornerback in the third round.

Griffin is expected to be a mid-rounder like his brother.

"This is a legitimate football player," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He's an energy giver."

One who, conversely, fed off the hoots and hollers during his bench press.

"Everybody in the stands was hyping me up. I got the guys I'm here with hyping me up. It felt amazing," Griffin said.

JACK OF ONE TRADE : Louisville QB Lamar Jackson showed off a strong arm and excellent footwork but also some inconsistency while throwing
to receivers Saturday. What he didn't do was run routes.

Many wonder if the 2016 Heisman Trophy winner might be best suited as an NFL receiver, but he insists he's "strictly a quarterback."

Mayock called Jackson the best and most fascinating athlete in this year's draft, noting that while his passing game needs plenty of
polish, he's going to have an immediate impact running the football.

"He's Michael Vick," Mayock said. "He has as good a pair of legs as anybody in the history of the game. And he's going to win games with
his legs."

DARNOLD'S DODGE : USC quarterback Sam Darnold refused to throw at the combine, preferring to show off his arm at his upcoming pro day with
receivers he's used to playing with.

"I was a little disappointed Darnold didn't throw," Mayock said. "You get a chance to show off a little bit here. This is all about
competition. I wonder in his heart of hearts if he missed competing (Saturday). Because the other guys went out and ripped it pretty good.

"I thought Josh Allen put on a show."

HURST GOES HOME : Michigan defensive lineman Maurice Hurst Jr., a possible first-rounder,Womens Allen Robinson Jersey, was kept out of drills at the combine after
doctors reportedly red-flagged a heart condition. Hurst told Utah defensive lineman Lowell Lotulelei that he had been diagnosed with the
same heart condition as Lotulelei's older brother,Womens Joey Bosa Jersey, Star.

Hurst,Womens Dan Fouts Jersey, a 6-foot-2, 280-pound defensive tackle,Authentic Dalvin Cook Jersey, had 59 tackles and 5? sacks last season. He also had 13 tackles for loss and has been
considered one component of a deep class of defensive tackles in this year's draft.

BAD,Womens Melvin Ingram Jersey, BAD ORLANDO BROWN JR. : The only thing that went well for Oklahoma's massive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. was the vote of confidence from
his Heisman Trophy-winning teammate.

"When are you ever going to watch Orlando Brown run 40 yards down the field?" quarterback Baker Mayfield asked. "You can watch last year's
tape and see he allowed zero sacks. I'd say that's pretty important for a left tackle."

It sure is.

But measures matter, too, and Brown's wretched week will surely cause him to slide down draft boards: He managed just 14 reps on the bench
press, lumbered though the 40-yard dash in 5.85 seconds and put up historically poor numbers in the broad and vertical jumps.

THIN AT TACKLE : Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey is projected as a late first-rounder, but if he falls to the second round, this year's NFL
draft would be the first one in more than a half century without an offensive tackle taken in the first round.

The last time that happened was in 1965, and there were only 11 first-round picks that year. The last time a tackle wasn't selected in the
top 32 picks was in 1960, when Len Rohde of Utah State went to the San Francisco 49ers with the 38th overall selection in the fifth round.

link this post written on 06/03/2018
  • To top

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Minkah Fitzpatrick understands the value of his skill set.

201 pounds, he hits like a safety. His speed,At 6-foot-1,Womens Cam Newton Jersey, hip movement and feet might make him more tailored to cornerback.

So the Alabama star is spending this weekend explaining to NFL scouts he can excel at either,Womens Luke Kuechly Jersey, both or some combination of the positions.

kind of like a combination between safety and corner,'' said Fitzpatrick,Womens Mitchell Trubiskyn Jersey,''It's a different kind of position, describing the slot corner
spot he played in college. ''I like to play both safety and corner,Authentic Jordan Howard Jersey, so I think slot corner is optimal for my abilities.''

If true, Fitzpatrick would be one of the rarest commodities in football - a tweener with an actual fit.

Traditionally when players at the NFL's annual scouting combine are explaining what position suits them best, it's because team executives
aren't sure where they should play and the player's draft stock sinks.

But Fitzpatrick's physical gifts could make him a trend-setter in a league that has become increasingly more pass-happy and places a
premium on versatility.

moved to slot corner before the 2015 season,He was recruited as a true cornerback, won the starting job and never relinquished it. Coach
Nick Saban was so impressed he usually paired Fitzpatrick on the opponent's top receiver, one-on-one.

It didn't take long for Fitzpatrick to make an impact.

After being selected to the SEC's all-freshman team in 2015, he earned first-team All-American honors in 2016 and 2017.

Now he's off to the NFL, where teams are trying to figure out what Saban once did - the best place for Fitzpatrick to play.

both safeties, nickel and dime linebacker,''I think he could play all six defensive back positions. Both corners,'' NFL Network draft
analyst Mike Mayock said Saturday. ''He's the only guy I can say that about. Now,Authentic Mitchell Trubiskyn Jersey, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I've had a couple
'Hey, is he a difference-maker? Is he a nickel? Where's his ball production?' He had six picks two years ago,of coaches say to me, but
only had one this year. But I look at (his versatility) as a positive.''

Mayock's sentiment may explain why Fitzpatrick appears to have a slight edge on his competition right now. He's projected to be a top-five

a true cornerback,Some expect Ohio State's Denzel Ward,Authentic Cam Newton Jersey, to be selected in the top 10 with Florida State safety Derwin James the only
other defensive back tabbed for the top 20.

which conclude Monday,Authentic Luke Kuechly Jersey,The workouts in Indianapolis,Womens Walter Payton Jersey, will help determined the actual pecking order in April.

But one thing working in Fitzpatrick's favor: work ethic.

While growing up in New Jersey, he sometimes helped his father fix trucks.

After the family's home collapsed during Hurricane Irene in 2011,Authentic Walter Payton Jersey, Fitzpatrick helped his parents rebuild.

And when the Catholic high school he attended provided peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to students who couldn't afford school lunches,
Fitzpatrick ate them up.

less than two months away from possibly hitting a multimillion-dollar jackpot,So when he arrived at the combine, the reality finally hit.

'' Fitzpatrick said. ''I remember the second I got here,Womens Jordan Howard Jersey, I was laying in bed,''It's really crazy, looked up at the ceiling and just
started smiling.''

Yes, it's been a long trek here for Fitzpatrick and his family.

his humble perspective on life or his passion for football. It's served him well,Yet he hasn't forgotten his blue-collar roots, so far.

have the size of a safety,''I think he's going to go out there and run like a corner, and if you're a defensive coordinator and take him
you've got to have a plan,'' Mayock said. ''What is he? Is he my safety,in the top 10, is he my corner, is he my nickel? Or is he a piece
that I can match up week to week against a big wideout or a tight end? How you use him is ultimately going to determine the value of

link this post written on 06/03/2018
  • To top

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- For Clemson receiver Deon Cain, there's nothing tedious about all the timing and testing at the NFL scouting combine.

''It's a great feeling because I'm starting to get into this professional life and I'm loving it every day,'' Cain said.

Cain impressed coaches Saturday with his superior speed and great hands,Authentic Pat Tillman Jersey, traits that were particularly apparent in the gauntlet drill at
Lucas Oil Stadium.

spin and catch a pass from 10 yards away,Authentic David Johnson Jersey,That's where receivers stand on one sideline, then spin and catch one from the other direction.
they sprint toward the other sideline,Authentic Deion Jones Jersey,Then, catching five more 10-yard passes from alternating directions before coming back the other
way,Womens Austin Hooper Jersey, catching another seven throws.

wide receivers and tight ends,While Cain was eager to show off his skills Saturday during the on-field sessions with quarterbacks, he
said he's actually enjoyed every aspect of the annual gathering of top college prospects.

I love every moment about it,''This combine experience has been fun for me. At the end of the day,'' Cain said. ''Just trying to take
everything day by day, talking to coaches, going through this process, meeting new people, being around Hall of Famers every day.''

Cain had a goal of running a sub-4.4-second 40-yard dash after all the speed work he did over the last six weeks at the Exos performance
center in Phoenix, where he added 10 pounds of lean muscle to his 6-foot-1 frame.

He did just that, posting a time of 4.3 seconds Saturday before showing off his route-running skills during the hour-long session that
included top-tier quarterbacks Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson .

'' said Cain,''I feel like Exos really prepared me for this moment, who also posted respectable jumps - 33+ inches in the vertical and 9
7 inches in the broad. ''We train hard, train well with great efficiency,feet, prepping me for interviews and everything. I feel like
they gave us the upper hand, the answers to the test out here and now it's just a routine.

''I'm out here trying my best out here and just trying to do what I know I'm capable of doing.''

a projected second-day draft pick,Authentic Austin Hooper Jersey, Cain, played three seasons at Clemson and was productive receiver for a team that made three playoff
appearances and played in two national championship games.

Cain played in only one of those national championship games. After the regular season of his freshman year, he was suspended for the
College Football Playoff by Tigers coach Dabo Swinney for failing a drug test for marijuana.

Cain prepared to face the scrutiny with honesty,Womens Pat Tillman Jersey,Knowing that would come up in interviews with teams this week,Womens David Johnson Jersey,eager to show that's not
an issue teams need to worry about.

really just getting to know all the coaches, let them get a good feel of me,Womens Deion Jones Jersey,''It's been great so far,Womens Vic Beasley Jr Jersey, and just show them that I'm smart
smart on the field and I know football both ways,Authentic Vic Beasley Jr Jersey, and really just let them get feel of me,off the field,'' Cain said.

he said he's showing teams he's versatile,On the field, coachable and confident yet humble.

outside. If you want me to go down and block,''I can do it all. If you want me to play inside, I can do anything. I said I'm capable of
doing anything,'' he said.

And he pledged to never stop trying to improve.

''Now that I'm going on to the next level, I always want to be better and more technically sound because now you're just going against way
better DBs now,'' Cain said.

Whoever picks him, will ''get an efficient, hard worker, he said, someone who will go hard every play. I'm just going to be me out there,
as long as they let me be me and coach me the right way, they're going to get a great receiver.''

link this post written on 07/03/2018
  • To top

NBCSN’s coverage of the 2017-18 NHL season continues with a doubleheader on Tuesday night. In the early game, the Boston Bruins will host the Detroit Red Wings at 7:00 p.m. ET. You can watch that game online by clicking here.

so they’ll have to serve as a spoiler down the stretch. The Wings have dropped three games in a row and they’re coming off a 4-1 loss to the Minnesota Wild on Sunday. Detroit is ahead of Montreal,The Red Wings don’t have much left to play for this season, Ottawa and Buffalo in the East right now.

“It’s an easy time for frustration to build up and there’s nothing wrong with being frustrated now,” head coach Jeff Blashill said, per NHL.com. “If you’re not, and [we] should be, you probably shouldn’t be a competitor. We’ll have to regroup tomorrow and understand there’s not one thing we can do about it except learn from it and be better on Tuesday [at the Boston Bruins] and find a way to win. Winning games is important, and we’ve got to find a way to win Tuesday.”

while Frans Nielsen,Blashill has tweaked his lines over the last couple of games. It sounds like Anthony Mantha will continue to play with Dylan Larkin and Justin Abdelakder. Tyler Bertuzzi will be with Henrik Zetterberg and Gustav Nyquist,adidas Carey Price jersey, Andreas Athanasiou and Darren Helm will play together.

The Bruins have a little more to play for. They currently trail the Lightning by six points in the race for top spot in the Atlantic Division,adidas Andrew Shaw jersey, but they also have three games in hand. Boston has won three games in a row and they own a 7-3-0 record in their last 10 games.

Boston will be without phenomenal rookie blue liner Charlie McAvoy in this one,adidas Max Pacioretty jersey, after he left Saturday’s contest against Montreal early in the first period. The 20-year-old suffered an MCL sprain and he’ll be re-evaluated in four weeks.

” said head coach Bruce Cassidy,adidas Mike Fisher jersey,“We can go in different directions but Carlo is an easy one to slot back in with (Chara) (because) they’ve played together,authentic P.K Subban jersey, per the Boston Herald. “Krug was with Miller and (Grzelcyk) was Miller if he goes back in.

“We are going to keep Holden and he can play left or right. That is something we are going to sort through. We had all seven out there but it is not set in stone what the six are going to be in.”

In the late game, the Anaheim Ducks will host the Washington Capitals at 10:00 p.m. ET. You can watch that game online by clicking here.

the Caps are now heading on a three-game road trip through California. They’ll play in Anaheim tonight,After dominating the Maple Leafs in Saturday’s Stadium Series game, Los Angeles on Thursday and San Jose on Saturday.

Saturday’s victory also put Braden Holtby‘s personal six-game losing streak.

“Mentally, just playing again,” Holtby told the Washington Post. “Focus on the basics that way because it’s really not that far off of where we want to be. So it’s one of those situations that feels really bad, you just want to get back to not thinking, but it’s really not as bad as it seems. It’s not far off. It’s just a little tweak here or there in a game, and those losses turn into wins.”

Washington is one point ahead of Pittsburgh and two points ahead of Philadelphia for top spot in the Metro Division, but the Caps have two games in hand on the Pens and one game in hand on the Flyers.

on Sunday,Anaheim’s win over Chicago, authentic Max Pacioretty jersey,allowed the Ducks to move into third place in the Pacific Division. They’ve now won back-to-back games and they have a 8-2-2 record in their last 12 outings.

” Ducks winger Jakob Silfverberg said after the win over Chicago,authentic Carey Price jersey, per the OC Register. “It doesn’t matter who we go up against. If you don’t go all in and put your best foot forward,authentic Andrew Shaw jersey,“Obviously every point is huge for us,authentic Mike Fisher jersey, you’re not going to win.

“And I think we definitely got off to a very good start (on Sunday). Our power play got one right off the bat and then we just kind of kept pushing from there.”

but they’ll play their following four contests at home against three non-playoff teams (St. Louis, Vancouver,adidas P.K Subban jersey,The Ducks will travel to Nashville and Dallas for games on Thursday and Friday, Detroit) and the Devils.

• Statistics: 335 Posts | 573 Visits

Sign in here

Not a member of this network?

Alternative logins

You can use an account of a third party.

Network details

• Search for:

• Network name

المعشي .. ALMEASHI
    تواصل الابداع تميز تواصلنا . . . Innovation continues to characterize our engagement

• Your host is

• Created on

• Members

• Language