mixxt

Welcome to mixxt!

NFL wild-card weekend 2015: Rolando McClain's comeback year enters playoffs

link this post written on 31/08/2017
  • To top

Rams General Manager Les Snead doesn’t know when Aaron Donald will show up,Womens Blake Bortles Jersey, but he hopes the All-Pro defensive tackle comes back sooner than later.

want him to be here as soon as possible,” Snead said Tuesday,“We still want Aaron, via Lindsey Thiry of the Los Angeles Times.

26, is training at the University of Pittsburgh this week as he continues his holdout,Donald, according to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.

Snead wouldn’t discuss specifics of the negotiations but said the Rams will “try to come up with creative scenarios to get this done.” Donald has two years left on his rookie deal,Authentic Le'Raven Clark Jersey, set to earn $1.8 million in 2017 and $6.9 million in 2018.

Donald has outplayed the contract,Authentic Phillip Dorsett Jersey, making 163 tackles and 28 sacks in three seasons. He has earned Pro Bowl honors three times and All-Pro twice.

Aaron Donald is on pace to be a Hall of Famer,Womens D'Joun Smith Jersey,” Snead said,Womens Henry Anderson Jersey,“At the end of the day, via Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.

Donald’s absence was a big topic of conversation in media interviews Tuesday.

” running back Todd Gurley said, Womens Phillip Dorsett Jersey,via quotes distributed by the team. “I’m here trying to get better with the offense. We miss him. Hopefully he’s back,“I control what I can control, but it’s out of my control.”

The Rams have gotten no indication when Donald might show up,Authentic Blake Bortles Jersey,  Sean McVay said Sunday. But Gurley knows one thing for sure: Donald isn’t going to feel real good after his first practice.

” Gurley said, laughing. “It doesn’t matter. I work out three times a day during the offseason, and you come back that first day of practice,Womens Le'Raven Clark Jersey,“He’s going to be hurting,Authentic D'Joun Smith Jersey, it is what it is. That’s just football for you. It takes some time,Authentic Henry Anderson Jersey,but I’m pretty sure he’s grinding. It’s definitely different just playing in a game.”

link this post written on 06/09/2017
  • To top
The author has deleted this post (on 06/09/2017)
  • To top

AP source: WR Hopkins agrees to 5-year extension with Texans

HOUSTON (AP) — The Texans and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins have agreed to a five-year,Womens Su'a Cravens Jersey, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.,Authentic Garry Gilliam Jersey, $81 million contract extension

The person spoke to The AP on the condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been announced by the teams.

The deal, comes as the star receiver was entering the last year of his contract.,Womens Pierre Garcon Jersey, which includes $49 million guaranteed

521 in 2015 despite playing with a revolving door of quarterbacks. He's started every game in his career and finished with 78 receptions for 954 yards last season.,Authentic Rashard Robinson Jersey,Hopkins was the 27th overall pick in the 2013 draft. He has piled up 4,Authentic Josh Doctson Jersey, including a career-high 1,487 yards receiving in his first four seasons

The 25-year-old has 23 receiving touchdowns in his career and will be the centerpiece of an offense that is looking to bounce back after a tough 2016 season with Brock Osweiler at quarterback.

The production of Hopkins has been impressive considering the team's longtime woes at quarterback. The Texans, Womens Rashard Robinson Jersey, thought they'd solved their problems at the position when they signed Osweiler to a $72 million contract before last season.,Womens Josh Doctson Jersey, who have started eight quarterbacks since Hopkins was drafted

as the starter.,Authentic Pierre Garcon Jersey,Instead he was benched late in the season and shipped to Cleveland in the offseason,Womens Garry Gilliam Jersey,who has never thrown a touchdown pass,Authentic Su'a Cravens Jersey, leaving Tom Savage

but it looks as if Hopkins won't be catching passes from him anytime soon with coach Bill O'Brien sticking with Savage as his starter throughout camp.,Houston selected Clemson star Deshaun Watson in the first round of this year's draft

• To top

Ezekiel Elliott's representatives used the NFL's own lead investigator against the league in Elliott's appeal hearing,Womens Sterling Shepard Jersey, according to reports by ESPN and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Kia Roberts,Womens Owa Odighizuwa Jersey, the NFL's director of investigations, according to ESPN,Authentic Darian Thompson Jersey, the alleged victim, testified that she would have recommended no suspension for Elliott after interviewing Tiffany Thompson, and that she was the only NFL investigator to interview Thompson.

But Roberts was not asked to attend a meeting when discipline for Elliott was discussed by other investigators with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, she testified,Authentic Eli Apple Jersey, according to transcripts of the hearing obtained by ESPN.

Roberts was involved with writing the league's final 160-page report,Womens Eli Apple Jersey, but it did not include suggested discipline. Lisa Friel,Womens Ereck Flowers Jersey, ESPN reported. When the NFL announced Elliott's six-game suspension on Aug. 11, corroborated Roberts' testimony,Authentic Sterling Shepard Jersey, the NFL's senior vice president and special counsel for investigations,Womens Darian Thompson Jersey,the league said it had "substantial and persuasive" evidence that the Cowboys running back used physical force against Thompson in three incidents in July of 2016.

Elliott's camp hopes Roberts' testimony leads to a reduction of the penalty or that if would strengthen his case if they seek to vacate the arbitration ruling in federal court.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had touted before the Aug. 11 suspension that he believed Elliott would not be suspended. He had been told there would be no suspension by a high-level NFL executive,Womens Eli Apple Jersey, according to the Star-Telegram.

Elliott's hearing began Tuesday in New York and ended Thursday afternoon. Arbitrator Harold Henderson will decide whether to uphold,Authentic Owa Odighizuwa Jersey,reduce or vacate the league's suspension. His timing isn't known,Authentic Ereck Flowers Jersey, but Elliott will be eligible to play in the Sept. 10 season opener if there is no ruling by 3 p.m. Tuesday.

link this post written on 07/09/2017
  • To top
After losing Karl Alzner, a development that presents a great opportunity for skilled prospect Christian Djoos to get his first look in the NHL., Kevin Shattenkirk and Nate Schmidt this offseason the Washington Capitals are going to have some big openings on their blue line a seventh-round pick by the Capitals in 2012,Djoos,authentic Taylor Hall jersey, 45 assists) in only 66 games.,adidas Travis Hamonic jersey, is coming off of a monster season for the Capitals’ AHL team in Hershey that saw him record 58 points (13 goals That production made him the third-leading scorer on the team and by far the team’s most productive defenseman. He signed a two-year contract with the Capitals over the summer, especially after the production he put on the board in the AHL this past season.,adidas John Tavares jersey, with the first year of that contract being a two-way deal. But given the fact he would have to clear waivers before going back to the AHL it seems to be a solid bet that he is going to be on the Capitals’ roster to open the season Before he gets to the NHL though the Capitals have had him spending his summer trying to add more weight to his frame. Via CSN Mid-Atlantic’s Tarik El-Bashir: I need to get bigger,adidas Ryan McDonagh jersey,“For sure, getting bigger and stronger.”,” he said. “We’re working on it every day here in the gym and back home over the summer. It feels good The Capitals have him on a high calorie diet that requires him to eat much more than other players. ” he said. “Not the bad stuff but you gotta eat all the time. Just trying to do that every day.”,“You just got to eat everything almost keep eating,He then cracked: “I just got to keep eating, then maybe one day just explode and gain some pounds.”, work out Djoos spent last being listed at just 161 pounds, David Warsofsky (170 pounds) and Jared Spurgeon (164 pounds).,adida Taylor Hall jersey,adidas Cory Schneider jersey, which would have made him the lightest defenseman in the entire NHL. According to the NHL’s database the only defensemen that were listed under 174 pounds were Kris Russell (170 pounds) and for some teams it probably still would be,authentic Cory Schneider jersey,In previous eras that lack of size would be a major hurdle for a player Djoos to navigate when it comes to getting a spot on an NHL roster,authentic Travis Hamonic jersey, especially for a defenseman. Slowly but surely,authentic John Tavares jersey, though teams are starting to open up to “undersized” players and are more willing to overlook that if there is enough skill behind it. Given what Djoos has shown since coming to North America two years ago he clearly has the skill to make an impact.,authentic Ryan McDonagh jersey, however The Capitals lost quite a bit off of their defense this summer, and with Brooks Orpik being another year older they are going to need players like Djoos and Dmitry Orlov, who is just starting a six-year, offensive defenesmen., $30.5 million contract extension, to really take on big roles as puck-moving
link this post written on 07/09/2017
  • To top
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Von Miller says Trevor Siemian has ''that Peyton Manning vibe .'' ''The energy that Peyton had, that's what Trevor has,Authentic Lawrence Taylor Jersey,'' Denver's superstar linebacker said. Siemian also has Brock Osweiler as a backup. Osweiler is getting a crash course in Mike McCoy's new offense following a whirlwind weekend in which he made a beeline for his old home after getting cut by Cleveland. ''This is Trevor's team, and I'm the backup,Authentic Eli Manning Jersey,'' Osweiler said upon his return to Denver, where he was Manning's understudy from 2012-15. That's a role reversal for the quarterbacks. Siemian picked Osweiler's brain as much,Womens Elite Odell Beckham Jr Jersey, if not more, than Manning's when he got to Denver as a seventh-round draft pick in 2015,Womens Landon Collins Jersey, then forced his way onto the 53-man roster of a Super Bowl-bound team. Now, he's the one helping Osweiler digest the playbook. ''He's got exposure to this system, for the most part, so he's done a really good job of picking things up on the fly. A little change in verbiage, but he's gotten a lot of it, I'm helping him out when I can. And shoot, he's helping me out,'' Siemian said. ''So, too. So, it's good.'' So, no, Manning's successor isn't looking over his shoulder at the man who was, for so long, Manning's heir apparent. ''I'm excited to have him back,'' Siemian said. ''I was good friends with Brock when he was here. He's was an unreal teammate, and I speak for a lot of the guys in the locker room when I say that. So, you know how sincere he is, if you've met Brock, how helpful he is. So, we're just lucky to have him.'' Siemian was the Broncos' third quarterback in 2015 but was one snap away from starting for the seven weeks Osweiler replaced an injured Manning. He rose to the top of the depth chart the following season when Manning retired a month after the Super Bowl and Osweiler signed with the Texans in free agency. On the same day Miller earned his first captainship of his seven-year NFL career,Authentic Odell Beckham Jr Jersey, Siemian's teammates named him a captain for the second straight season Wednesday. ''It's an unreal honor for me,Womens Lawrence Taylor Jersey,'' Siemian said. ''It's really cool. The respect I have for the locker room, it's cool to see they have some respect for me. We're just a couple of guys that got named. But we have so many leaders in the locker room. It's just cool to be a part of.'' Miller also had high praise for Osweiler . ''That was my guy. I didn't want him to leave in the first place,Womens Eli Manning Jersey, to have his energy back,Authentic Brandon Marshall Jersey,'' Miller said. ''So, to have him back like that, to have that energy back on the football field, back in the locker room, we won a lot of games with Brock. Some of the stuff that Brock did for this team was unbelievable. So, it kind of feels like 2015. And we did a lot of great stuff in 2015, so we're sure to have a great year this year.'' The Broncos needed a veteran backup QB after Paxton Lynch sprained his throwing shoulder against Green Bay on Aug. 26 in his first game after Siemian officially beat him out again. The Broncos are only on the hook for $775,000 of Osweiler's salary this season with the Browns paying the other $15.25 million. An even bigger bargain is Siemian, whose $615,000 annual salary doesn't come close to Osweiler's weekly paycheck of $941,176. Rex Ryan, who makes his debut as an ESPN television analyst Monday night when the Broncos host the Chargers, suggested over the summer that Lynch - who's making $880,741 this season - should be named the starter so the Broncos see what they have in their first-round investment. He's come around on Siemian, however,Authentic Landon Collins Jersey, suggesting Wednesday that winning the quarterback competition two years running shows the former Northwestern QB has the requisite grit and his teammates' trust. ''The players believe in him and they know he's believes in himself,Womens Brandon Marshall Jersey,'' Ryan said. ''And that's what you have to have at that position. Obviously, he doesn't have the (prototype size) that you look for ... But this is a game based on production.'' Notes: The Broncos signed former Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams to their practice squad. ... The other captains are CB Aqib Talib, WR Demaryius Thomas and K Brandon McManus. ... Thomas (groin) practiced for the first time since getting hurt against Green Bay. ''He looked great,'' coach Vance Joseph said.
link this post written on 09/09/2017
  • To top

A rule change for the upcoming season could (hopefully) lead to a serious reduction in the number of offside challenges from coaches.

For the 2017-18 season,adidas P.K Subban jersey, a failed offside coach's challenge for will result in a two-minute penalty against the team that called the review. This was first reported by Elliotte Friedman. Previously a failed challenge would result only in the loss of a timeout. A penalty by itself is a much more severe punishment especially given that this could result in a two-goal swing.

Consider if a team challenged a goal scored against them and lost. Not only would they have given up a goal, they would then face an immediate power play.

This rule will only apply to offside challenges and not goalie interference challenges which will still result in the loss of a timeout. Since offside is a much more clear rule than the always confusing goalie interference,authentic Carey Price jersey, this distinction makes sense.

The NHL is trying to increase scoring and the pace of the game. An offside challenge does the opposite. It stops the game in its tracks and takes goals off the board. Yet,authentic Andrew Shaw jersey, the league seems to think the rule is working. General managers decided during their meetings in March that there was no reason to change the offside challenge and Gary Bettman defended the rule right before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final which saw the very first goal from P.K. Subban overturned.

So why make this change if the challenge is apparently working so well? Perhaps another upcoming rule change had something to do with it.

Starting this season,authentic Mike Fisher jersey, timeouts are rarely used in hockey. Each team only gets one and the vast majority of timeouts are called after an icing. When a team ices the puck,adidas Andrew Shaw jersey, teams will no longer be able to take a timeout after icing the puck. Unlike in football where coaches can strategically manage the clock or in basketball where timeouts are handed out like candy,adidas Carey Price jersey, it cannot change lines which can be a major advantage later in games. Coaches will use their timeouts in order to give their players a quick breather since they can't sub out.

at that point they really only have one major purpose: challenges. Sure,adidas Max Pacioretty jersey,If teams can no longer use timeouts after an icing,authentic Max Pacioretty jersey, but realistically they would primarily be saved for challenges which would result in even more stoppages in play. Mercifully,adidas Mike Fisher jersey, coaches can still use them at any other point in a game,authentic P.K Subban jersey, the NHL is not going to let this happen.

link this post written on 09/09/2017
  • To top

Mike Hilton quickly snatched the No. 31 that became available when the Steelers traded Ross Cockrell.,Eager to doff the unconventional-for-a-cornerback No. 40 once he made an NFL regular-season roster for the first time

For this week's practices,Authentic Marshawn Lynch Jersey, it was obvious Hilton was wearing an old Cockrell jersey. How so? The pinney was too long, hanging below his waist.

Hilton almost looked like a child running around in one of his hero's jerseys.,Listed generously at 5-foot-9

‘I'm pretty sure I can jump over you.' ”,“We're joking all the time about him being short, I'm like,” cornerback Artie Burns said after Friday's practice. “I was saying earlier when we went on the field

Burns was laughing but then continued.

though.”,“But seriously. I'm pretty sure I can

because it has been Hilton who has been doing the jumping over teammates — one after another — on the Steelers cornerback depth chart.,Funny

Hilton has made an improbable run to a starting spot with a Super Bowl contender a nine-month span. And he's done it with the joy of a kid running around in a big-man jersey.,Unemployed for three months and cut twice when the Steelers added him to their practice squad in December

and he is expected to play the majority of the snaps for the Steelers defense when they open the season Sunday at Cleveland.,Hilton confirmed he has been getting first-team reps at nickel cornerback all week

Not bad for an undersized and undrafted player who was cut by Jacksonville and New England before mid-September of his rookie season.

“He earned it,” said Eli Rogers, and he's a smart player. So we are excited about him.”, the Steelers slot receiver who likely has faced Hilton in practice more than anyone. “He's earned all of our respect in the preseason because he performed well. He made some great plays. He'll stick his head in there and make a tackle

is excited,Hilton, of course, too. You can tell by his ever-present smile all week before, during and after practice.

Hilton's smile has been there ever since he showed up at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex for the first time last December.,Then again

“I just have fun, man,Authentic Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey, it's a business — but it's supposed to be fun. I just don't let anybody take my joy. Just enjoy every moment.”,” Hilton said. “A lot of people forget — yes

it's a lot easier to enjoy it when you are on the active roster and playing significant roles in meaningful games.,Authentic David Sharpe Jersey,Authentic Joey Bosa Jersey,Of course

Hilton calls the experience “a whole 180” from last year being signed to a team's practice squad during its Week 14 preparations.

“I had to be patient, “and,” Hilton said,Authentic Hunter Henry Jersey, keep my confidence high and just be ready when my time is called. And I landed with a great organization, of course, and everything has been going well for me.”

The Steelers have utilized Hilton exclusively in the slot position, a tackling prowess that belies his size and a propensity to engage in hand-to-hand combat with receivers at the line of scrimmage., where he feels most comfortable because of his lateral quickness

” Hilton said.,“I feel (the slot) plays to my strengths

Hilton took advantage of the seven weeks he spent practicing with the Steelers down their stretch and during their run to the AFC championship game. Hilton said he used his time at home — the first autumn he wasn't playing football in more than a decade — to ponder his game.

“I'm a lot more prepared this year,Womens Hunter Henry Jersey,” he said.,Womens Joey Bosa Jersey, mentally and physically

Hilton stood out. Then in preseason games,It's showed. Almost as soon as organized team activities began in May, Hilton turned heads. Throughout training camp practices in Latrobe, he made plays: 14 tackles, two sacks and no big plays from his opponents.

” Burns said. “He's out there making plays.,Womens David Sharpe Jersey,“He's come along real good

“Mike, he's my boy. I love Mike. Everyone in this room, does.”, pretty much

They like him, Womens Marshawn Lynch Jersey,because he's gregarious and happy. But also because he's shown he can be a help to the defense., in part

Everyone will get their first look at Hilton in a game that matters Sunday.

” Hilton said. “And to go out for my first regular-season game with this type of organization is going to be fun. I'm going to enjoy it.”,Womens Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey,“It's something I have been dreaming about since I started playing football

link this post written on 11/09/2017
  • To top

Quarterback Cam Newton is listed as questionable for the regular-season opener Sunday but head coach Ron Rivera said he expects Newton to start for the Carolina Panthers against the San Francisco 49ers.

Newton, who had surgery on March 30 to repair a partially torn rotator cuff in his right shoulder,Authentic John Ross Jersey, 75-yard touchdown drive when he completed both of his passes for 21 yards and a TD -- during Carolina's four preseason games.,Womens Joe Mixon Jersey, was limited in training camp. He played only one series -- a 10-play

"I think he's ready,Authentic Carl Lawson Jersey, we liked.,Womens Carl Lawson Jersey, '' Rivera said. "You wish he'd had a few more snaps and played a little bit earlier in the preseason so we'd have more to go on. But what we saw

"We liked how everything seems to be meshing together as an offense. We'll see how it goes as we continue to work this week.''

Newton,Authentic Jordan Willis Jersey, has been a full participant in practice over the past week as the Panthers prepare for the opener at San Francisco.,Womens John Ross Jersey, 28

"You really won't know until the opener,Authentic Joe Mixon Jersey," Rivera said of Newton. "Nobody knew what he was going to be like his rookie year. That's kind of how this is going to be."

Newton's injury occurred in the Panthers' Week 14 game against the Chargers last season. He played in each of the team's remaining three games and underwent offseason MRI exams to monitor his progress before deciding on surgery.

Newton,Womens Jordan Willis Jersey,the 2015 NFL MVP,Authentic Josh Malone Jersey, who missed the playoffs after finishing last in the NFC South with a 6-10 record.,Womens Josh Malone Jersey, passed for 3,509 yards with 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 15 games last season for the Panthers

link this post written on 11/09/2017
  • To top

The Seattle Seahawks start their 2017-18 campaign on Sunday when they visit the Green Bay Packers. On Monday Pete Carroll commented on the health of his team, “We are pretty darn heathy.”

Carroll echoed that sentiment at his Friday press conference.

It's The Day Before The Day Before!! How are you celebrating #BlueFriday?? #12s #GoHawks

— Pete Carroll (@PeteCarroll) September 8, 2017

“We are really healthy,Womens Justin Hardy Jersey, ” Carroll said following the team’s practice. “For the most part.”

Cornerback Richard Sherman was a surprise on the injury report when he was listed as questionable with a thigh injury after not practicing on Friday. Carroll brushed off the questionable tag.

it really just felt something that we wanted to make sure that we really look after and give him a legs day as well,“Yeah,” Carroll said. “But we have to put him on the report for that. He should be fine.”

Wide receiver Tyler Locket who battled a knee injury through the bulk of the preseason is listed as questionable but carries the same optimistic backing from Carroll after being a full participant in practice Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

he’s had a great preparation,Womens Matt Ryan Jersey,” Carroll said. “Really excited about that,Womens Vic Beasley Jersey, and really excited for him. He’s such a spark for us,Authentic Justin Hardy Jersey,“Tyler’s ready to go, and so we’ll be able to get him involved in all phases.”

Defensive end Frank Clark (wrist) also got an optimistic review from Carroll on Friday.

” Carroll said. “He had two sore wrists that he was dealing with,Womens Joe Flaccos Jersey,“Frank is ready to go, but he practiced well the last two days.”

The outlook on running back Thomas Rawls (ankle) and strong safety Delano Hill (shoulder) is a bit foggier, however.

” Carroll said. “(Delano’s) shoulder,Authentic Tevin Coleman Jersey,  (Rawls) worked out well again today. That’ll go all the way up to game day, we are not quite sure yet, we are going to go all the way to Sunday to see how he is. He got enough work done so he is ready to play,“Yeah, but we did protect him during the week so we will see. He is really close to being back.”

Carroll also said that defensive tackle Jarran Reed (shoulder) was ready to play on Sunday. The only player listed doubtful on the injury report is linebacker Micael Wilhoite,Authentic Matt Ryan Jersey,who is battling a calf injury. Carroll will be happy to have a healthy squad against one of the NFC’s best.

you know,Womens Tevin Coleman Jersey,we need to be healthy,Authentic Joe Flaccos Jersey,” Carroll added. “They are that good,“Yeah, so these guys are ready to play good football. Jeremy [Lane] has really had just a tremendous offseason. I am really excited about him fitting in with our guys. We have raved about Earl’s [Thomas] work. Kam [Chancellor] has been right on point and [Richard] Sherm(an) has never been more consistent than he has at this point in an offseason. I think he has been great at it.

but we all know,“Everything lines up well,Authentic Vic Beasley Jersey, we are going to need it all to play against a fine club.”

The Seahawks’ regular season kicks off at 1:25 p.m. PT at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.

• Statistics: 92 Posts | 180 Visits

Sign in here

Not a member of this network?

Alternative logins

You can use an account of a third party.

Network details

• Search for:

• Network name

المعشي .. ALMEASHI
    تواصل الابداع تميز تواصلنا . . . Innovation continues to characterize our engagement

• Your host is

Admin

• Created on

06/02/2012

• Members

• Language

English